My vision for my website is still to create an online portfolio. I want it to include the work that I’ve done while in this program, as well as clearly display that I know how to design a website. In order for me to show the latter, I’m hoping to make drastic changes to a common theme page and make it my own. Along with this class, I’m taking Reporting in the Field, so by the end of the semester I will have tons of pictures I’ll want to share on my site. I plan to have a gallery on there from the trip we take as well as a section of my video clips.
I plan for my focus to mainly be on the development rather than the design/look because I’ll be taking web design next semester and will continue to add to my site the more I learn. However, I do want to be able to show that I know how to create an interactive site, so I’ll definitely have buttons and a couple of other designs that need to be clicked or hovered over in order to function. If I leave this class with a site that is clearly mine, displays quality work and requires a few clicks here and there, then I will be completely satisfied with the progress that I’ve made.
Description: My site will include any and all work that I’ve done or have been involved with while in this program.
- Have something beyond a resume for employers to have access to
- Prove that I am capable of managing and troubleshooting a website
- Finally have one place that all of my recent work is stored
- Make a site that I’m proud of
- Eventually this transitions to a site that attracts sports enthusiasts as well
My primary audience will be employers or people curious about me and my work. Hopefully I will be able to expand that to sports enthusiasts also. This expansion will only occur once I have the basics of my site and how it works understood.
- I will have a gallery of pictures I’ve taken, focused around the New Mexico trip I’ll be taking in three weeks
- The option to view my resume will be one of the header options on my page
- An About Me page
- I will have a section of videos I’ve edited or done stand-up
- Eventually I will have a blog section as well which will be centered around sports
Custom Community – http://wordpress.org/themes/custom-community
- I will definitely be changing the entire color scheme and designs at the top of the page. Still debating if I want the top of the page to be a photo
- I want to make the pictures on the side expand when the mouse is hovering over it.
- Find an appropriate place to import my Twitter posts