What/why: For my final project, I’d like to create my own personal portfolio to capture all that I’ve worked on thus far in my career. I feel that it would make me more marketable because it’d be much more effective if I put my skills to use and have something presentable for what I learned in this class, rather than just slapping it onto my resume.
I currently have an e-portfolio on WordPress. I’ve also created a niche site on WordPress about the Harlem Renaissance. The challenge of this project will be to find creative ways to spice up the way I present myself. I could put the basic things I already have on this one, but I want to challenge myself to add some bells and whistles that showcase my new skills.
I will be doing mostly front-end modifications.
- On the travel page, I will also create a photo gallery, similar to the one we made in class.
- I will create a contact/inquiries form.
- I will add my social media feeds.
- I will incorporate the Click to Tweet plugin to allow users to share my content.
- I will incorporate a newsletter plugin to keep my readers updated.
Audience: The audience would mostly be recruiters and colleagues, specifically in journalism. I want to show them that I am a versatile journalist with a diverse skillset.
URL will be dajaehenry.com.