URL: www.mollyhunterkorroch.com (Although there will probably be some sort of /historyofhoney sort thing added.)
Description: A visual story on the process of making mead.
- To learn how to tell a story in this way. I’m very interested in pursuing other visually stimulating story topics that can be told in this manner.
- Explain how mead is made in the most aesthetically pleasing manner possible
- Easy to use and understand
Audience: People who are curious, foodies, anyone who enjoys aesthetically pleasing things
- Make and edit still photos and “Cinemagraphs”
- Research and write story
- Create “slideshow” using jQuery– a prettier one than the test project. I realize the issues will be creating a slideshow of automatically playing mp4 files. I’ve found ways to do this via jQuery plugins.
- Use CSS and HTML to upload and style the text overlaying the slideshow
- The slideshow–I’m hoping for a vertical slideshow, but we’ll see what I can finagle
- Start and stop video motion. (Although hopefully it’ll run on a loop and you can’t tell when it begins and ends. Again, this may be a high hope.)
- Fade in of text
- Possible sound behind the still pictures (but, I’m going to film all this later this week and it depends if I found cool clean sounds.)
- Also hoping to implement some responsive design elements–again it will depend on the video situation
- I will probably end up using the WordPress Twentyseventeen theme, because it’s the most simple.
- I won’t have the infinite scroll
- Most likely, I will be dismantling many of the aspects and just keeping it like a simple webpage–a file under my main website that can be visited and cross-posted onto social media, etc.